Clarke and Pulman Ltd is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with all applicable legislation in relation to data protection. This policy describes how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
This policy applies to any personal information about you that you provide to Clarke and Pulman Ltd or which is provided to Clarke and Pulman Ltd by third parties.
The data controller in respect of personal information processed under this policy is Clarke and Pulman Ltd (a company incorporated in England with company number 04637003) whose registered office is at Langley Place, Burscough Industrial Estate, Burscough, Lancashire, L40 8JS.
You can contact us on 01704 897507 or via email to email@example.com should you have any comments or queries in relation to this policy or how Clarke and Pulman Ltd use your personal information.
Why do we collect personal information about you?
Clarke and Pulman Ltd collects personal information about you to provide you with our products and services and to improve and develop these for the future.
What Personal Information do we collect?
Clarke and Pulman Ltd may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Date of Birth
- Address and address history
- Contact details such as email address and telephone numbers
- Financial information and credit history
- Employment details
- Identifiers assigned to your computer or other internet connected device including your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Vehicle and/or machine registration and identification numbers
- Telematics information about the location of your vehicle and/or machine
Clarke and Pulman Ltd receives personal information about you:
How do we receive personal information about you?
- When you contact us directly, visit our website clarkeandpulman.com, or use our social media channels, whether to apply for one of our products or services or to make an enquiry or other request.
- Clarke and Pulman Ltd is an approved dealer of Massey Ferguson, Fendt, Valtra, J C Bamford Excavators (JCB), Kverneland, Honda and other affiliated manufacturers. If you approach any of our affiliated manufacturers they will provide us with your personal data based upon the machine specification and your geographical location.
How do we use Personal Information about you?
Clarke and Pulman Ltd and its group may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity and to identify you when you contact us.
- As a precursor to entering into or fulfilling a contractual obligation.
- To help administer, and contact you about improved administration of, any accounts, services and products we have provided before, or provide now or in the future.
- Recover debts that you owe and trace your whereabouts.
- To carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical information using data provided by you.
- To carry out statistical analysis to help with decisions about account management.
- To contact you for marketing purposes relating to products and services that we think will be of potential interest to you.
- Ensure any offers of legitimate interest provided to you are appropriate to your circumstances.
We retain the right, to access, view and interrogate JCB Livelink or any successor telematics system operating on JCB Products that have been supplied by us or any other affiliated manufacturer. We may use these systems to verify the location, mode of operation, service history or/any other information held on the system regarding operation and/or performance of such products.
Who do we provide this personal information to?
Clarke and Pulman Ltd will provide your personal information to:
- Affiliated manufacturers if you are acquiring or are interested in acquiring their products.
- Financial services providers, such as our preferred supplier of finance facilities JCB Finance Ltd.
- Marketing providers.
- Third party debt collection agencies, insolvency practitioners and legal advisors.
- JCB Finance Ltd who provide machinery quotation software to us.
- Our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as banking services and data management firms.
Where we store your information
All personal information we have about you is stored on secure servers operated by Clarke and Pulman, in paper format at our secure offices Ltd or its third party service providers.
How long will we keep personal information about you?
Clarke and Pulman Ltd will keep a copy of your personal information for as long as we have a contractual relationship with you, or from the point of a machine or product purchase, and for a period of 10 years thereafter. For personal information which is not linked to a machine purchase we will keep this for a period of 10 years from the date of the record.
We may keep your data for longer periods if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. Maintaining your personal information for these periods allows us to keep accurate records for our legal obligations and to handle any future complaints.
Clarke and Pulman Ltd does not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Whenever fraud prevention agencies transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, they impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that information to protect it to the standard required in the EEA.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by Clarke and Pulman Ltd:
- Access – you can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled by Clarke and Pulman Ltd.
- Object – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Rectification – you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you.
- Erasure – you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing is based on explicit consent.
You have a right at any time to opt-out or withdraw consent of receiving marketing from us and/or to amend the delivery method we use. You can also opt-out from us passing your information to the other businesses listed above for direct marketing purposes. To manage your rights and delivery preferences write to us at:
Post: Marketing Department, Clarke and Pulman Ltd, Langley Place, Burscough Industrial Estate, Burscough, Lancashire, L40 8JS or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided above.
If you are concerned or have questions about how handles your personal data please contact us and we will do our best to assist you. Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ .