The new Kultistrip is Kverneland’s answer for strip-till, an innovative tillage procedure for row cultures such as maize, sugar beet, sunflower or rape seed.
It works by only preparing the soil where the crop is supposed to grow. Depending on the intended width of the row, up to 70% of the soil surface is not worked. This not only protects the soil against erosion and drying but also reduces the tillage costs.
The Kverneand Kultistrip is especially operator-friendly. All settings can be adjusted without tools, minimum maintenance is required.
A special feature is the separate adjustment of the break-up share and fertiliser injector. This means that you can change the working depth whilst keeping the fertiliser placement the same, or alternatively, change the level of the fertiliser injection while leaving the working depth unchanged
- Strip-till improves the water absorption and storage.
- The soil is better protected against erosion – soil loss and soil drying are slowed down.
- A residue-free, deeply loosened seedbed ensures high emergence and deep root formation.
- In one and the same pass, fertiliser may be placed exactly where the plant needs it.
- The field remains negotiable even in difficult weather conditions. This means seeding can be done earlier and makes driving on the field for crop care and harvesting work simpler.