The perfect seedbed is made while ploughing.
The Packomat® is an integrated soil packer which is directly coupled to the plough. This combination is both efficient and environmentally friendly. By applying a pressure of 1.000 kg, the wedge-shaped discs cut their way through the furrows, crush clods, push down stones, level and pack the soil. This ensures a quick re-establishment of the capillarity water conductivity.
- Kverneland unique steels and heat treatment for a light and robust implement
- environmentally friendly: mechanical weed control
- time saving and cost efficient: reduced number of operations
- unrivalled results in tests carried out by independent institutes in Holland and Germany against traditional towed packers
- less tractive power required than for traditional towed packers
- minimises fuel consumption compared to regular packers
- convenient: Packomat changes sides automatically in plough reversing processes
- good plough balance: constant geometry between plough and Packomat
- easy manual or hydraulic pressure adjustments
- best way of getting an early germination
- reduces problem associated to post-drilling droughts
- ready for seed drilling on light to medium soils
- cuts down time for seedbed operations on heavy soils
- safe in transport too